Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally and was responsible for 8.8 million deaths in 2015. Globally, nearly 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer. Regardless of these grim statistics, there is a lot you can do to protect yourself from developing some forms of cancer.
Screening tests can detect symptoms in their earliest stages; however, you should also be alert to the signs of the disease.
The American Cancer Society developed this simple reminder:
- C: Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A: A sore that does not heal
- U: Unusual bleeding or discharge
- T: Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere
- I: Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing
- O: Obvious change in a wart or mole
- N: Nagging cough or hoarseness
April is Cancer Control Month, the perfect time to focus more on health and cancer prevention. We at PERFECT HANDS CLINIC encourage everyone who hasn’t already booked a cancer screening to do so, now, especially if they notice they have the symptoms that are listed above. Our medical clinic in Ghana, Africa would be more than happy to assist you in finding the healthcare you need.
Looking for a safe place to get a vaccination? We offer reliable health care services in Africa, including medical checkups and vaccinations.
For further health assistance, contact our clinic today.